Sunday, October 27, 2013

Breaking down the CCSS narrative writing standard... one anchor chart at a time!


Here's a quick peek at my writing bulletin board! (Well, part of it.) I created a set of anchor charts aligned to the CCSS for grades K-3 in kiddo-friendly language. Although there is only one 2nd grade narrative writing standard for Common Core, it is jam packed! Each component of the standard is truly it's own mini-unit.
Last week I taught several lessons about focusing on a topic. Next week we'll be tackling transitions. I'll let you know how that goes, but for now here are my anchor charts! You can get them on my Tpt store by clicking either pic or the link below.


My anchor chart bundle on Tpt actually includes 11 anchor charts as well as the "Good Writers" lettering and cute writing kiddos (thanks Scrappin' Doodles!) for dressing up your bulletin board. (I only have up the things we've learned about so far.)
The anchor charts include focus, details, transitions, sequence, closure, dialogue, personal narrative, characters, setting, problem and resolution.

Click either pic above or the link below to check them out.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Good-Writers-CCSS-Narrative-Writing-Anchor-Charts-933904
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment